Maps & Local Information
Where else can you visit that is so accessible by buses, trains, planes and automobiles? Our many attractions are as diverse as the transportation options for getting here! Start making your plans today with the following choices.
How to Get Here
Williamsburg, Virginia, is located 150 miles south of Washington, D.C., midway between Richmond and Virginia Beach on Interstate 64. From I-64, you may take exits 227 through 242 to reach different points of interest in the Historic Triangle.
- Exits 227, 230 and 234: Travels to Route 60 West
- Exit 238: Travels to Colonial Williamsburg and the downtown area
- Exit 242: Travels to Route 60 East
For additional directions and up-to-the-minute traffic and construction information, visit 511 Virginia.
Three airports are situated within a 50-minute drive of the Williamsburg area.
- Newport News/Williamsburg International Airport (PHF) – 20 minutes from downtown Williamsburg
- Norfolk International Airport (ORF) – 50 minutes from downtown Williamsburg
- Richmond International Airport (RIC) – 50 minutes from downtown Williamsburg
- City of Williamsburg Transportation Center, located in downtown Williamsburg, offers Amtrak, Greyhound Bus, rental car and taxi services. The center is open 7:30 am – 10 pm daily.
- Local Transportation
- Local Tour Companies
- Welcome Centers & Other Services
- Places of Worship
- Local Governments
- Local Map: