Williamsburg Tasting Trail
From award-winning wine and micro-brewed beer to ancient mead and distilled spirits, experience the best of handcrafted alcoholic beverages in Greater Williamsburg.
Our country’s first settlers believed that alcohol served many great purposes from healing the body to giving energy to the weak and elderly! The following venues have been selected to be part of the Williamsburg Tasting Trail for their dedication to craftsmanship, hands-on approach and high production standards. They have perfected the art of making delicious hand-crafted beverages, and many are pioneers in the Williamsburg area. We’re just not 100% certain about the abilities to heal the sick!
- Williamsburg Winery: The largest winery in Virginia, the Williamsburg Winery offers tours and tastings of its award-winning wines, a vineyard on its 300 acres and two excellent dining venues, the Gabriel Archer Tavern and Café Provençal. The winery offers a Tour and Tasting with Dinner Experience that includes a tasting of seven vintages plus a three-course dinner at Café Provençal. For a full immersive experience, you can overnight on the property’s charming 28-room European-style country hotel, Wedmore Place.
- The Colonial Wine Trail: The Colonial Wine Trail features four of Virginia’s best wineries, including the Williamsburg Winery, and all within a one-hour drive of Williamsburg. No matter where you start or finish your wine trail adventure, you are sure to enjoy great wines, great food and lots of fun along the way.
- Silver Hand Meadery: The area’s first meadery opened in early 2016 to offer this ancient honey-based fermented drink, entirely produced on the premises. The Silver Hand Meadery offers tastings and light-food pairings with the mead production completely visible to patrons.
- Alewerks Brewing Company: Alewerks has been brewing award-winning beers in Williamsburg since 2006. Weekend tours and guided tastings are offered in its taproom and outdoor biergarten, with up to 16 beers on tap, from year-round offerings to special small batches of great variety, as well as cask ale served weekly.
- The Virginia Beer Company: The Virginia Beer Company is a new brewery, taproom, and beer garden located a mile from the heart of downtown Williamsburg. Virginia Beer Co. focuses on a high quality core lineup and a rotation of limited edition beers. VBC’s family friendly taproom and pet friendly outdoor beer garden feature a weekly schedule of food trucks, events, live music, and more!
- Brass Cannon Brewing Co.: Brass Cannon Brewing offers kegs, growlers and draft selections in its brand new location on Mooretown Road. In addition to five year-round brews, enjoy four rotating seasonal selections and a quickly rotating line of langrage beers in its tasting room and outdoor patio.
- Copper Fox Distillery: Copper Fox opened its Williamsburg distillery on July 9, 2016. It produces craft whiskies and gin from hand-malted locally grown barley, smoked and aged with American fruitwoods. This location plans to feature new additions to the current line of spirits.
- Williamsburg Distillery: This craft micro-distillery offers “American Heritage” spirits using 18th-century recipes and techniques: bourbon and gin using Virginia grains, and rum using organic, non-GMO grade-A molasses – just as they would have been made in the early 1700s. Its Williamsburg Bourbon is the only bourbon in the world made with Indian corn. The distillery will be part living-history museum.