Norge Depot Museum

7770 Croaker Road
Williamsburg, VA 23188
United States

Train service began in Norge in 1882. The Norge Depot was built in 1907 at the foot of Peach Street in Norge. The depot was a gathering place for settlers of Norge, who primarily used trains to get to their local destinations and beyond. The Norge Depot closed to passenger traffic in 1969. The depot was purchased by James City and moved to its current location in 2006. The Norge Depot was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2009. An exterior and interior restoration was completed in 2012. The depot is now a museum of railroad and community interest. In 2016, the Norge Depot received a 90-year old caboose (Georgia 2875) and a historical marker. The caboose will undergo restorations in the coming years.

The Norge Depot Museum is maintained by the Friends of Norge Depot.